The Jabbathon vaccine promotion will continue next week with a range of clinics open across Northern Ireland.
Mobile walk-in clinics will continue at some 30 campuses across Northern Ireland’s universities and Further Education colleges. The clinics are being run by Health Trust vaccinator teams for first doses.
Visiting Belfast Metropolitan College, Health Minister Robin Swann said: “It has been encouraging to see the enthusiasm of young people coming forward for vaccination and we want this to continue. The mobile walk-in clinics are designed to make the jab accessible for people and I would encourage anyone who hasn’t been vaccinated to not delay any further. It’s important to get the jab as soon as possible so that you can benefit from the protection it offers.
“Life as we know it, especially for young people and students has seen so much disruption in the past 18 months. The vaccination can help ease this for everyone. Vaccination greatly reduces the risk of you becoming seriously unwell and evidence also shows that it reduces the risk of acquiring long-covid which can be particularly debilitating. With the start of a new term, I know this is a really exciting time and you’ll have lots of things you want to do – make vaccination one of them.”
The following clinics will take place from Monday 20 September:
Queen’s University Belfast
- Quad Lawn: 20 September to 24 September, 10am to 4pm (open to the public)
- Stranmillis College Belfast: 23 September, 10am to 7pm
- St Mary’s University College Belfast: 20 September to 23 September, 12.15pm to 2pm
- Magee Campus, Sports Hall: 22 September, 1pm to 5pm and 23 September, 4pm to 8pm (open to the public)
- Coleraine Campus, Sports Hall: 20 September and 21 September, 10am to 3pm (open to the public). There is a no heels policy at this location.
- Jordanstown Campus, Sports Hall 2: 20 and 21 September, 10am to 3pm (open to the public)
Belfast Metropolitan College
- Millfield Campus: 20, 22 and 24 September, 10am to 4pm
- Springfield Campus: 21 September, 10am to 4pm
- Castlereagh Campus, Gym: 21 September, 9.30am to 4.30pm
- Titanic Campus, Students Union: 20, 22 and 23 September, 9.30am to 4.30pm
North West Regional College
- Strabane Campus: 20 September, 2pm to 5pm
- Strand Road Sports Centre: 21 September, 9.30am to 1.30pm (open to the public)
South West Reginal College
- Skills Centre: 21 September, 10.30am to 1.30pm
- Omagh Campus: 22 September, 1pm to 5pm (open to the public)
- Erne Campus: 23 September, 4pm to 8pm (open to the public)
- Enniskillen Campus: 21 September, 3pm to 6pm
- Greenmount Campus, Antrim: 20, 21 and 23 September, 10am to 2.30pm
- Loughry Campus, Cookstown: 20, 21 and 23 September, 10am to 2.30pm